> Aubin wrote:
> First, sqlite by default has a maximum column width of 320bytes. It can
> be recompiled to do up to 16mb, but it's not really worth it.

Are you sure about this? I found this in the source, but nothing about
column sizes:

/*
** The maximum number of bytes of data that can be put into a single
** row of a single table.  The upper bound on this limit is 16777215
** bytes (or 16MB-1).  We have arbitrarily set the limit to just 1MB
** here because the overflow page chain is inefficient for really big
** records and we want to discourage people from thinking that
** multi-megabyte records are OK.  If your needs are different, you can
** change this define and recompile to increase or decrease the record
** size.
**
** The 16777198 is computed as follows:  238 bytes of payload on the
** original pages plus 16448 overflow pages each holding 1020 bytes of
** data.
*/
#define MAX_BYTES_PER_ROW  1048576

I still don't think we should put cached thumbnails in the DB, but there
might be other applications where it makes sense to store more data....

            / Krister