On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 06:01:17PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Yes, this little APIC field :-)

I think we should cache them somewhere; but putting them in the
database isn't such a good idea.

First, sqlite by default has a maximum column width of 320bytes. It
can be recompiled to do up to 16mb, but it's not really worth it.

> I can't think sql or db at all. All I want is easy and fast metadata
> access :-)

Perhaps we have different intentions then. The advantage of text file
caching is that it's simple to deal with atomic data. One mp3 file,
one cache item.

Databases like this one are only useful when you want to arbitrarily
related chunks of data to one another.

Aubin