On 9/15/16 5:08 PM, Patrick Pelletier wrote:
The first problem was that although it uses '**/*.fr', it seems that compileFrege() only works for frege files which are directly in src/main/frege. If the frege files are in subdirectories of src/main/frege, it finds them, but then tries to look for them in src/main/frege, and doesn't find them. I worked around this problem for now by just putting my frege file directly in src/main/frege.

That workaround turned out not to work, because my Frege class isn't in a package, so there's no way to import it from Java code.

The next problem was that there were too many method references:

Dex: The number of method references in a .dex file cannot exceed 64K.
Learn how to resolve this issue at https://developer.android.com/tools/building/multidex.html trouble writing output: Too many method references: 110550; max is 65536.
    Too many classes to fit in one dex file.

Using multidex worked to solve this problem. However, it means I'm putting lots of unnecessary code on the phone, including the whole Frege compiler!

--Patrick