Phil writes.

"I think that would have the usual negative side effects of imposing
political controls on 'free' markets."

I think we have been led down the wrong path. Marts are free and
interesting. Capitalism however is a process of control of markets, using
the state apparatus and the very boundedness of the nation state to control
money, interest and markets. Our problem is not markets but capitalism.
Since capital seeks controls, the only way to prevent the distortion
(concentration of wealth and power) is state intervention. Remember, the
state interfered by chartering corporations in the first place. Tweaking the
charters towards some modest form of bias away from concentration is just a
correction on the existing dependence of corporations on state regulation.

Doug Carmichael

6:13 PM