Americans: Neither Ugly nor Dumb

I have enjoyed the plethora of Wisdom apropos contemporary mores and innovation
from Friam correspondents: finally a reply is irresistible.    But I can
respond only with banal facts I have personally experienced and know to be
true.

On dumth: I have earned a living in Africa, New Zealand , England and USA .
During my years in the US I have found people to be generous, open-minded,
honorable and mainly smarter than me.    And folks here are significantly more
civilized and humane than those in any other continent that I have worked in.
So I am surprised at Friam correspondents’ apparent contempt for our fellow
citizens -   mebbe they know whereof they prattle, mebbe not.

On innovation: the sage advice is all correct - and all irrelevant.    I have
spent decades working professionally with DARPA, NASA, DOD, US   Renewable
Energy Institute, many aerospace corps, and as a consultant for patent
applications .    I continually witness a brilliant, humbling, kaleidoscope of
new ideas.   I reckon, before pontif icating,  pundits should establish
qualifications of their own creativity:   patents issued, original papers and
articles, senior managerial accomplishments.   Perhaps they are too modest to
list these.

I love reading the Friam stuff as fiction.   I think Joyceans call it S tream
of C onsciousness.   It would be very nic e  if people provided specific
support for their assertions.

Peter Lissaman, Da Vinci Ventures

Expertise is not knowing everything, but knowing what to look for.

1454 Miracerros Loop South, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505,USA
tel:(505)983-7728