On Jun 7, 2011, at 11:58 AM, Tom Johnson wrote:

> See this:  Rooting Your Android Phone: FAQ
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/214697/article.html#tk.nl_pvx_h_crawl
>
> I'm using a variety of apps -- primarily DropBox, but others like
> Gladinet.com  -- that sync everything to my Cloud storage without anything
> that Apple might come up with.

Good pointer, thanks.

I've had to "jailbreak" then "unlock" my iPhone.  I believe "rooting" is
equivalent to jailbreak, right?

I'm not sure if I need to unlock the phone myself, tmobile has always been
willing to send me the codes for it when I travel to europe.  And I certainly
don't want to unlock just to go to ATT!

   -- Owen