Added to that, OpenCL was light years behind CUDA (at least that was
the case two years ago, when I looked at it last). I can understand
nVidia making sure their product is OpenCL compatible, but putting
their R&D into CUDA. To be quite honest, it is damn hard to get
cutting edge R&D into APIs designed by a committee, and that probably
the way it should be.

More reprehensible is their attitude towards the Open Source Nouveau
driver, although that may have improved since Linus spat the dummy at
them.

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 05:45:46PM -0500, mar...@snoutfarm.com wrote:
> I wrote:
>
> "For example, for a while AMD used OpenCL to discriminate
> themselves from nVidia (the little guy in *that* example)."
>
> To clarify,
>
> nVidia likes OpenGL -> Microsoft is competitor with DirectX.  Competitors
> are bad.
> AMD likes OpenCL -> nVidia competitor with CUDA.  Competitors are bad.
> nVidia doesn't invest OpenCL -> No serious competitor to CUDA
>
> [etc]

> mail2web.com - Microsoft® Exchange solutions from a leading provider -
> http://link.mail2web.com/Business/Exchange

Principal, High Performance Coders