Steve Smith wrote at 03/25/2013 03:42 PM:
> I prefer Pamela's description
> of him being *careless* with references as opposed to my own use of the
> *honest*.

He does cite Rosen in this paper:

   Towards a Post Reductionist Science: The Open Universe
   http://arxiv.org/abs/0907.2492

which makes the absence of a citation in the later paper even more
conspicuous.

It reminds me of the answer Martin Davis gave me for not mentioning
Tarski in his "Engines of Logic". (Great book, by the way.)  I can't
find the exact quote, but it was something like "He wasn't part of the
story I was trying to tell."

But it also reminds me of one of my favorite aphorisms:

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by
incompetence."  -- attributed to Napolean Bonaparte

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully
is prepared to die at any time. -- Mark Twain