Too bad we don't have Bruce and Ruth here to jury this sideshow, but still!

I was always disturbed by the "rubber sheet" description of Gravitational Forces.

In the spirit of circular logic, I was always left wondering when the models of say the sun and a planet or two were set down onto the "rubber sheet" to show how their masses distort the "fabric of time and space", the question always popped up for me... "just what pulls those massive objects down to distort the rubber sheet? Gravity?"

Everything you need to know about "Life, the Universe and Everything" can be found in XKCD. I think Randall Munroe has been listening to our conversations here and making fun of us behind our backs!

http://xkcd.com/1158/