“Yeah, well, be disgusted, but try not to get too righteous about it and spare
us the expressions of shocked outrage.”

As we are coming up on the Tour de France, I’m reminded of the outrage over
cheating.   What exactly is the question being asked by that competition?  Is
it to find the genetically most gifted person?   The person that trains the
hardest?   The best use of barely-legal training techniques?   The best team
tactics?  The most advanced alloys and aerodynamics?  Isn’t it unfair that a
genetically gifted person would have to compete against a less gifted person?
My take on all that is all of the cyclists put themselves through a hell that
is just unimaginable to most people, but there is no level playing field, just
various definitions of one.   What would anyone do in that situation -- faced
with a short 10 year career -- but try to win at all costs?    So many useless
spectators.

Marcus