On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 08:10:09PM -0700, glen wrote:

> Programs like LibreOffice or maybe Eclipse do bolster your argument, I think.
>  I don't know about Emacs.  It's a strange beast that I think has survived
> for reasons other than coherence around a mission.  But I'm certainly willing
> to be wrong, there.

I do know about emacs. It survives, because it is bloody good at being
a text editor, particular for programming. I suppose vi is the same -
I've seen some people make vi stand up and sing, but for me, its
behaviour when interacting with vt100 style terminals has always put
me off.

Cheers

Principal, High Performance Coders