From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> on behalf of Owen Densmore
<o...@backspaces.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:26:46 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] The apocalypse

OK, what's tit for tat with the North Korea Guam threat:

President Trump seemed to draw a red line Tuesday when he warned North Korea
that continued threats against the United States would be met with “fire and
fury like the world has never seen.” The next day, North Korea crossed it.

Or at least it announced, in unusually specific terms, how it could. The
country’s state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Wednesday night issued
a statement that said the North is “seriously examining the plan for an
enveloping strike at Guam through simultaneous fire of four Hwasong-12
intermediate-range strategic ballistic rockets in order to interdict the enemy
forces on major military bases on Guam and to signal a crucial warning to the
U.S.” The statement, citing the North’s Strategic Rocket Forces head General
Kim Rak Gyom, added that the plan would be finished by mid-August before going
to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un for approval.

“Sound dialogue is not possible with such a guy bereft of reason and only
absolute force can work on him,” the general said, in apparent reference to
Trump, whose ultimatum he described as a “load of nonsense.”

I suppose firing 4 rockets to land in NK waters? Or sending 4 drones to hover
over NK? Shooting down the NK rockets would be risky, showing our hand as to
effective antimissile capabilities.

   -- Owen

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/08/north-korea-answers-trumps-vague-threats-with-specific-ones/536433/

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Gillian Densmore