I an concurrently reading, *Nineteen Ways of Looking at Consciousness*, by
Patrick House and *Mountain in the Sea*, by Ray Nayler. The latter is fiction.
(The former, because it deals with consciousness may also be fiction, but it
purports to be neuro-scientific / philosophical.)

The novel is about Octopi and AI and an android, plus humans and juxtaposes
ideas about consciousness in comparison and contrast. A lot of fun.

Both books pose some interesting questions and both support glen's advocacy of
a typology.

davew

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam