Yes. Perfect. While reading your post, I started worrying about where race conditions and deadlock
might fit. Techniques for overcoming deadlock seem to me like "executive" functions,
pragmatism, or breadth-first search. And there's no reason we can't imagine a layered
"algorithm" that launches batches of algorithms to see whether they stop or runaway so
that they need to be stopped. And that executive could follow a typical actor's method of ginning
up emotive responses at will. Though it may seem like Bad Faith, but really is just the result of
sampling the solution space.