On 3 April 2014 22:17, Waldek Hebisch <hebi...@math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:

> ATM I have no plans to do it, but relatively easy task is to
> produce static web version of Browser info.  Note that this
> make sense only as an automatic procedure, because any
> "one time" convertion will soner or later get out of date.
> Ugly version could be easily done running ')show' command
> for all constructors.  But I think that any sensible version
> would do more (for example capture output sent from AXIOMsys
> to HyperDoc and convert to html).

There is a program written in C called asq that is still part of
FriCAS but it no longer seems to work. It outputs "Not found" for any
query I enter.  It was intended as a way to query the daase files
outside of hyperdoc.  Perhaps there have been some changes to the
structure and/or location of the database files that causes it to
fail.

This is what I tried:

wspage@suse:~/fricas-build> export
AXIOM="/usr/local/lib/fricas/target/x86_64-suse-linux"
wspage@suse:~/fricas-build> $AXIOM/bin/asq
Usage:
  /usr/local/lib/fricas/target/x86_64-suse-linux/bin/asq key
or
  /usr/local/lib/fricas/target/x86_64-suse-linux/bin/asq -property key
where key is the name (or abbreviation) and property
is one of the following:
  (al) all
  (con) constructor
  (so) sourcefile
  (ckind) constructorkind
  (nilad) niladic
  (abbr) abbreviation
  (ddom) defaultdomain
  (anc) ancestors
  (op) operations
  (cos) cosig
  (cform) constructorform
  (cmod) constructormodemap
  (mod) modemaps
  (ccat) constructorcategory
  (doc) documentation
  (pre) predicates
You can give full property name or use abbreviated form
given in parenthesis above.
The first form prints all properties.

wspage@suse:~/fricas-build> $AXIOM/bin/asq -all INTEGER
Not found!

---

It might be easy to repair and modify this program to generate HTML
output directly.  This could be incorporated into a cgi script for a
web server to allow fast dynamic browsing of the FriCAS database.
This was always something I wanted to do on axiom-wiki but I never got
around to it.  But it could also be used with a small web server run
locally.