Hello Kostas,

thanks for reporting.

I simply typed one α and FriCAS is showing a double α on the input line.
Strange.

(3) ->αα

   (3)  α
                                             Type: Variable(α)

But I cannot confirm your second problem.

(7) -> f(x)==c*x^2
                                              Type: Void
(8) ->f(α))
   Compiling function f with type Variable(α) -> Polynomial(Integer)

           2
   (8)  c α
                                              Type: Polynomial(Integer)

So there is somehow a problem with printing unicode characters, but on
the INPUT not OUTPUT line. Still strange, but I don't yet know where the
input is REPRINTED.

Ralf

PS: Oh I am working with

(9) -> )version

Value = "FriCAS 99b0ed3ba53afbba57169283e803b2009020047d compiled at Sun
Oct  4 17:43:38 CEST 2020"

So maybe your problem appears in 1.3.6, but not in the current master
branch.

Ralf