Try starting fricas like this:

$ fricas -noclef

Doing this avoids the command line problem for me.

"clef" is the old Axiom alternative to readline and is still used by
default. Of course without clef (and without building FriCAS especially to
support readline) you lose the usual command line editing.

I am not sure if the TeXmacs interface already avoids using clef or not. If
not then I think it should. I vaguely recall that it used to use the
-nosman option which also implies -noclef and -noht. Sorry, I don't have
TeXmacs installed on this desktop system any more or I would try it.