Hi,

I think I spotted the problem. The script 'fricas' in:
/usr/local/lib/fricas/target/x86_64-linux-gnu/bin/
is not usable as it is, it's the same script then the one in /usr/local/bin
(try directly the one in /usr/local/lib/fricas/target/x86_64-linux-gnu/bin/).

Since now FRICAS environment variable is defined in this script it
should be different in
/usr/local/lib/fricas/target/x86_64-linux-gnu/bin/

These two scripts define FRICAS as:
FRICAS="`dirname $0`/../lib/fricas/target/x86_64-linux-gnu"
This is only correct for the script in /usr/local/bin

So for example redefine FRICAS to "`dirname $0`/.." and that's good!
(just tested with efricas).