As far as I can tell, Mathics uses Mathematica syntax with an engine that runs Python SymPy. It's nice looking, but I don't think (comparing Sympy and FriCAS) that FriCAS has anything to worry about. However, a nice interface goes a long way to winning people, and the best system in the world will always remain a hobby of a very few unless it lifts its external game.

--
0432 854 858
https://numbersandshapes.net