Hi,

Atul Gohad wrote:
Hello Niklas / All,

Thanks on the information. Have further 2 points to be clarified:

1. Understanding is that all of the Mina 1.1.* versions are for Java
5.0compatibility, so then is Mina
1.0.7 equivalent of Mina 1.1.4?

No, I believe that there has been additional improvements to the 1.1 branch. As we try to maintain a Java 1.4 compatibility, we'll remain on the 1.0 branch for now.

2. Is it safe to assume that Mina 1.1.2 will be supported?

I haven't tried so I won't know for sure. I'm guessing (very) minor updates on our end might be needed.

Additionally what part of Apache FTP Server funtionality needs to be
regressed so as to confirm compatibility with the latest of Mina? Any
information on specific test cases to be executed / areas to look into will
be helpful.

I usually try to run our JUnit tests, they should give a fair workaround for the server. Then, different FTP clients work in different ways, which causes different behaviors on the server. But, over time we try to improve our tests by adding these type of cases as well.

/niklas

Thanks and Regards,
Atul Gohad.