Dave Roberts wrote:
3) Create a 1.4 branch in Subversion. Keep the 1.4 branch as a
maintenance release where only bugs are fixed, and the TRUNK version
will move to Java 1.5, MINA 1.1.x and have all the new development.

Since everyone so far has agreed on option 3, and no one has objected, I'll go ahead and make the changes. As I said before, I will continue accepting patches (bug fixes or improvements) for the 1.4 branch but won't be doing any active development myself.

As part of this action, I will drop the IO listener from trunk and will restructure our code to fully make use of MINA. This will lead to a a period of destabilization. Hope you all okay with that, bug reports will of course be welcome :-)

/niklas