----- Original Message -----
From: Ray E. Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>As for hiring your leaders, that is what most American cities do.   The
>elect a mayor and hire a City Manager to run the place.    It works pretty
>well but does not avoid the issues of pollution or loss of resources that
>you were complaining about in your past posts.

Yes, I haven't put all the bits and pieces together so it sounds coherent.
 Right now we DO hire our leaders -- even the elected ones --  but with the
 wrong goals (make more money) and selection criteria (good for business).

In brave new "Hansonland", corporations would not exist  "to make a profit",
 they would only exist for specific purposes to serve the public good.  It
used
 to be that way.

Leaders with specific qualifications would be hired for specific functions.
The corporation is probably the right form, but it needs a different
purpose.

Maybe next year (if there is one) I will crank out a longer paper about
Hansonland.

Jay