> Suppose society decided the primary "goal" was for our kids to live long
> enough to retire.  Obviously, this implies a functional society, which is a
> "technical" question -- somewhat like asking "How can I make the cooking
> fuel on my boat last the entire trip?"

Who decides the goal and do the selection?
Who decides what people want? What if they
ready to put up with hard bread for part of the
journey in exchange for some luxuries? How do you
know? Have you got the right to decide because an
education system haphazardly did not fail you and you have
better reading skills?

We are running out time. You cannot do anything without
informing people about the present choices.  This is the
first step even towards your dream tyranny.

Eva

> The logical way to proceed would be to the experts specific questions, and
> then "hire" -- not elect -- qualified  "leaders" (CEOs) to lead us to
> explicit goals.  If they fail to meet specific benchmarks, fire them and
> hire someone else.
>
> We do not need the 90 million Americans, who read below the 7th grade level,
> to make decisions.  A constitution with checks-and-balances has done a
> fairly good job of looking after their welfare so far.  We would need to
> build this kind of "protection" for the disadvantaged into a new system.
> Indeed, I suggest universal welfare at: http://dieoff.com/page168.htm
>
> The bottom line is we are out of time.  Our political and economic systems
> are based on utopian nonsense left over from the enlightenment.  It's time
> to invent new social systems for the new mellienum.
>
> Jay

[EMAIL PROTECTED]