Johnny Holiday/John A. Taube wrote:

>                             Name: 1HOPPE.pdf
>              Part 1.2       Type: Acrobat (application/pdf)
>                         Encoding: base64

I finally managed to save the .pdf file to disk and read it with
the "Acrobat reader".

The story part was really "enjoyable", and the commentary
interesting.

But I would urge people not to use that wilfully perverse Adobe
Acrobat (more like a Dingbat!) .pdf format!  Documents
produced with it are very
difficult to read (at least unless you have a 21 inch
monitor running at 1600 X 1200 pixel resolution or
better (I don't)....

Plain ascii text
is at least readable by Lynx (the TTY compatible
web browser...) or just about
anything else.  HTML can be visually appealing.
And if you really want to
do a "class act", do your original in SGML/XML, and convert it to
HTML for the Internet by running it through something like Omnimark,
and supply an XSL stylesheet (for XML) so people with Internet
Explorer 5 can read the original directly....

God save us from .pdf files!

\brad mccormick

--
   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua, NY 10514-3403 USA
<![%THINK;[XML]]> Visit my website: http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/