From: Lawrence deBivort [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 9:36 AM
To: Cordell, Arthur: ECOM; 'Salvador Sánchez'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; futurework@fes.uwaterloo.ca
Subject: RE: [Futurework] Unfriendly workplace in the sky

I would agree that generally all groups seem to have blood on their hands, but am surprised that you would cite Vonnegut to dismiss any remorse or compensatory action or obligation. You may not be ‘into’ guilt, but you and others benefit today from harm that your ancestors did to others, and you do not, morally, have the option of dismissing the matter.

I believe one of the key measures of the worth of a society is precisely how it goes about addressing its past wrongs.  And pointing to the wrongdoings of others is not a good way to begin.

Lawry