It's an important consideration, Brad, no question about that.

But I'm not sure it's a defining limitation on the changes that may be
possible if enough people begin to think that we need to do something
differently than what we are doing now.

I know that, under the present circumstances, when we are faced with the
overwhelming power of corporate money and a bought media, etc. etc, it is
very hard to hope that there can be changes. Whether I am just holding out
false hopes or not, I believe there have been other times in history when
the powerful have reigned supreme and changing that seemed to be hopeless
and, nevertheless, it has changed. The powerful in this country have used
every means at their disposal to try to prevent the adoption of  a number of
measures that have come to pass (which the powerful are now trying to
dismantle), such as the income tax, unions, medicare, social security, etc.
etc.

As long as we all tell ourselves there is nothing we can do to change any of
the prevailing values in this society we, of course, guarantee that nothing
will ever change.

I don't believe that the prevailing values of power, glory, material
possessions, etc. are bringing a lot of people a lot of satisfaction or
fulfillment. I believe those values can be changed. So I will continue to
nitpick as much as I can, whether it makes any difference or not, it is
something I have to do.

Selma