From: Brad McCormick, Ed.D. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 3, 2003 2:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Futurework] Why men succeed at work

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> One reason that women might not do as well as men in a capitalistic
> society is that the goals don't make any sense to them.

[snip]

But doesn't this apply to some men, too?

The goals don't make sense to me, either.  But
school was good practice.

I still think the great part about capitalism
is "the invisible fist" which crushes
many, but, unlike most other
forms of social organization, there
is no person or persons to blame -- you
know: "I had to let you go or else the
company would go bankrupt and then
nobody would have a job", etc.

Cyclops: "Who put out my eye?"
Odysseus: "Nemo did!" (translate" "No one did!")
Cyclops's friends: "Who hurt you, friend?"
Cyclops: "Nemo hurt me!" (translate: "No one hurt me!")
Cyclops's friends among themselves: "Guess he's OK
             after all.  We say the strangest things
             sometimes."
Chorus of Cyclopses: "You're right, there, brother!"
Random member of Cyclops Chorus: "OK, friends,
             since our brother is OK,
             Where do we want to go today?"
                         (--Microsoft)

\brad mccormick