Hi Dan,

Thank you for your detailed comments. While the answer is
disappointing, I understand and support the need for speed over trivial
aesthetics. But a huge bunch of thanks for looking into this in so much
detail!

I do wonder however, how something like pekwm handles this. It is
pretty fast there (though I have not used it at the same intensity level
as fvwm), but of course, does not have the full functionality of fvwm.
So, perhaps not a fair comparison. Anyway thinking aloud, nothing more.

Thanks again for your time and efforts!

Best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Ranjan Maitra <stat.mai...@inbox.com>

FREE 3D MARINE AQUARIUM SCREENSAVER - Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your
desktop!