From: Thomas Adam [mailto:tho...@xteddy.org]
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:39 PM
To: Nation, Robert J (US) <robert.j.nat...@baesystems.com>
Subject: FVWM Code License

*** WARNING ***
EXTERNAL EMAIL -- This message originates from outside our organization.

Dear Robert,

I hope this email finds you well.  I appreciate that the subject of "FVWM"
might be a blast from the past, but I am one of the core developers on the
project, and we need your help with a licensing point.

Currently, many of FVWM's source files contain this clause:

/*
 * This module is all original code
 * by Rob Nation
 * Copyright 1993, Robert Nation
 *     You may use this code for any purpose, as long as the
 *     original
 *     copyright remains in the source code and all
 *     documentation
 */

This may have been more relevant before the GPL, but I'm wondering if you'd be
happy for all source files bearing this clause to be recinded of such
obligations?  FVWM is now so old that almost all of the code has been touched
and changed/rewritten such that the original copyright almost seems
null-and-void.

This would allow us to transition to other licenses as well.

How would you feel about this?

I appreciate your time.

Kindly,
Thomas Adam, on behalf of the FVWM core team.

--- End Message ---