On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 08:33:20PM +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 11:19:41PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 02:14:57PM +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> > > Well, this is good news!  Apologies for bouncing this between fvwm@ and
> > > fvwm-workers@.
> > >
> > > If no one objects, I'll go ahead an start making the relevant changes?
> >
> > Good.  With the extra clauses gone, things get easier - go ahead.
>
> So, I've started this here:
>
> https://github.com/fvwmorg/fvwm/commit/7274b020a4dfec4adcc5317f557605b006bce085.diff
>
> However, we're not out of the woods yet, as there's the following
> complications:
>
> libs/Picture.c:
> libs/PictureBase.c:
>
> /*
>  * Copyright 1996, Romano Giannetti. No guarantees or warantees or anything
>  * are provided or implied in any way whatsoever. Use this program at your
>  * own risk. Permission to use this program for any purpose is given,
>  * as long as the copyright is kept intact.
>  *
>  * Romano Giannetti - Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
>  *                    via Diotisalvi, 2  PISA
>  * mailto:rom...@iet.unipi.it
>  * http://www.iet.unipi.it/~romano
>  *
>  */
>
> modules/FvwmBacker/FvwmBacker.c:
> modules/FvwmBacker/FvwmBacker.h:
>
> /*  Copyright 1994,  Mike Finger (mfin...@mermaid.micro.umn.edu or
>  *                               mike_fin...@atk.com)
>  */
> /* Robert Nation and Nobutaka Suzuki */
>
> modules/FvwmIdent/FvwmIdent.c:
>
> /* Copyright 1994, Robert Nation and Nobutaka Suzuki. */
>

> So I need to track down these additional people as well before I can remove
> the full clause.

I think in all these cases it is enough to move the copyright
notice to the COPYING file (it also has a copyright section).
After all, the copyright does not go away if the copyright notice
is removed.  Rob's clauses were problematic because they
specifically required to be kept intact.

When that work is done, I'll backport the patches to the old
stable branch.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--