On 19 Jun 2002 18:55:01 +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:

> I like the tear-off menus. I am agree with Mikhael that tear-off
> menu should not forbid MenuStyle (and Colorset) commands. What about
> copying the menu style which should be use to a new menu style name as
> fvwm_menu_style_id_of_the_window (with CopyMenuStyle) and use this
> style.

A good solution. So it would be posible to get the same menu in 5
different menu styles on the screen simultaneously. :)

> Also, I see two problems:
> - if the menu is transparent (ParentRelative colorset) we should
> set automatically the ParentalRelativity style.
> - The font used by the tear-off menu title bar should be the font
> of the menu.

I am not sure about the last one. Theoretically, yes, but practically...

Other problems.

Tear off windows should probably supply no-iconify, no-maximize MwmDecor
hints. Titlebar buttons make it hard to read a window title.

You added Style fvwm_menu WindowListSkip, I added CirculateSkip.
(Because NeverFocus windows should usually have CirculateSkip.)
But is WindowListSkip needed here? I am not sure tear offs should not
be listed in window lists. Of course, there are pro and contr arguments
for both WindowListSkip and CirculateSkip. What other think?

One more problem is that "Module" or "Exec" items start to work only
after a pointer leaves an item (module starts, but either it opens a
window or sends a command and module messages are not processed I guess).
But probably there is nothing to do with this?

Regards,
Mikhael.