On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 01:36:42PM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> I'm not quite happy with the tear-off menu code yet:
>
>  - Torn off menus have a strange focus policy.
>  - There is no good way to handle tear off menus with the mouse.
>  - Placement and sizing of the menus is not perfect.
>
> What do others think about tear-off menus?  What should be done?
> How can we improve usability?  Are there other issues I missed?

I like the tear-off menus. I am agree with Mikhael that tear-off
menu should not forbid MenuStyle (and Colorset) commands. What about
copying the menu style which should be use to a new menu style name as
fvwm_menu_style_id_of_the_window (with CopyMenuStyle) and use this
style.

Also, I see two problems:
- if the menu is transparent (ParentRelative colorset) we should
set automatically the ParentalRelativity style.
- The font used by the tear-off menu title bar should be the font
of the menu.

Olivier