On 10 Apr 2003 08:43:09 +0200, Uwe Pross wrote:

> On 09 Apr 2003 at 21:09:23 +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
>
> > No, I didn't mean files that are fully generated, only
> > files that are mostly written by hand but contain lines
> > (meta information) that should be updated on every file
> > change.
>
> Do you mean the actual version numbers of fvwm for example?

By meta information I mean the multiline header in all php files.
For example the line: //-  Last modified : <09.04.2003 08:14:03 uwp>
This belongs to the revision control system, it manages it automatically
without a need to store this meta information in the file body itself.

> I planed to extend the current so that certain keywords on
> the files will be converted to links to other man pages.
> For example all occurences of FvwmTaskBar will be replaced
> by a link to the FvwmTaskBar manpage. This is done in all
> manpages except the FvwmTaskBar manpage itself.
> But this a fancy feature and can wait ;-)

This fancy feature is already done, isn't it? All .B FvwmTaskBar or
.I FvwmTaskBar are replaced with a link to its man page.

> > (Should we shorten "documentation" to "doc"?)
>
> You can do that if you like.

Currently, it is 50/50 for me. Both are good...

> BTW: One thing I forgot to mention yesterday. I saw that you
> used a identifier containing spaces in your php file like:
>
> $this_site      = "logo competition";
>                       ^^
> The value of $this_site is used as name of a php array.
> So the contents of this_site must be a valid identifier
> according to programming languages.

Yes, but I didn't use a space here, I used "logo_competition_rules" and
"logo_competition" names, I meant to use the last one in both cases.

Regards,
Mikhael.