On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:20:02 +0000, "Thomas Adam"
said:

> With ClickToFocus, see something like:
>
> Style * ClickToFocus
> FvwmAuto 900 -menter Focus

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Some bindings, menu definitions and:

Style * ClickToFocus
FocusStyle * !GrabFocus
FocusStyle * !GrabFocusTransient
FvwmAuto 1000 -menter Focus

Style panel        StaysOnTop, Sticky, !Title, HandleWidth 0,
BorderWidth 0
Style x2x*         Sticky, StaysOnTop, SloppyFocus

are all I have in my config so far.

I just started using fvwm in order to try and reduce my irritation with
focus steeling, well that and I've been wanting to try it for several
years
but hadn't the time to delve in to it's complexity.

BTW, using XMOUSE2K.EXE with a delay seems to be the best way to avoid
focus steeling in XP -- as long as I keep the mouse out of the center
the
screen where things are likely to pop up ;-)

--
Craig