On 23 Apr 2003 18:23:45 +0200, Klaus Zeitler wrote:

> I thought it's about time to give fvwm-themes a try.
> (version 0.6.2 built for SunOS 5.8).

But what is your fvwm version?

> We're all forced here in my company to use the dt login/session manager.
> I'm using a Dtsession X-resource, i.e.
> "Dtsession*wmStartupCommand:    /usr/local/gnu/bin/fvwm2",
> to start fvwm instead of CDE (that's what we're supposed to use).
> The docu says to add the startup command to .xsession or .xinitrc
> (that's how I do it on my Linux PC), but AFAICS this Dtsession
> doesn't read either .xinitrc nor .xsession.
>
> I changed the startup command to "/usr/local/gnu/bin/fvwm-themes-start"
> and this worked (the only problem I saw was with FvwmBanner see below)
> until I tried to select one of the themes. Than I had
> these nice color problems, e.g. menues in black on black.
> Thus I've changed the Startup command now to
> "/usr/local/gnu/bin/fvwm-themes-start -- -l 61" but now my error log has
> a lot more to say:

Seems like your awk is not very friendly. I think that I tested awk
without GNU extensions and it worked. Anyway, either don't load
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] or replace the 2 occuriences of awk with
gawk in 2 files: themes/{cde,luthien}/colors/main.

> [FVWM][parse_colorset]: <<ERROR>> can't do Transparent when
> root_depth!=fvwm_depth

I prefer someone else to answer this.

> [FVWM][GetWindowSizeHints]: <<WARNING>> FvwmBanner window 0x5000001 has
> broken (min_width) size hints
> Please send a bug report to the application owner,
>       you may use fvwm-workers@fvwm.org as a reference.
> hint override = 0
> flags = 373
> min_width = -12970356, min_height = -12975536, max_width = -12970356,
> max_height = -12975536
> width_inc = 1, height_inc = 1
> min_aspect = 0/0, max_aspect = 0/0
> base_width = -12970356, base_height = -12975536
> win_gravity = 1
> --- snip ---

Heh, it is funny, I can't reproduce this. Maybe someone else can answer.

Regards,
Mikhael.