On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:25:02PM +0200, Klaus Zeitler wrote:

>     Olivier>
>     Olivier> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 11:12:56PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
>     >> On 23 Apr 2003 18:23:45 +0200, Klaus Zeitler wrote:
>     >> >
>     >> > I thought it's about time to give fvwm-themes a try.
>     >> > (version 0.6.2 built for SunOS 5.8).
>     >>
>     >> But what is your fvwm version?
>     Olivier>
>     Olivier> Yes, that info may help a lot.
>     Olivier>
>
> sorry, 2.5.5
>
>     >>
>     >> > [FVWM][parse_colorset]: <<ERROR>> can't do Transparent when
> root_depth!=fvwm_depth
>     >>
>     Olivier>
>     Olivier> Yes  the Transparent colorset cannot always be used if the root
>     Olivier> depth is different than the fvwm depth.  Can you send the output
>     Olivier> of xdpyinfo. If you use 2.5.6 (I will recommend a recent snapshot
>     Olivier> any way), can you type "PrintInfo Colors" in FvwmConsole and sent
>     Olivier> the stderr output of this command which should look like:
>
> ok, I've attached xdpyinfo output

>From this it seems that you have a 8bit/24bit display and the default
visual used is 8bit (this can be changed by the system administrator
only I think). With 2.5.5 without option the default visual is used so
you run fvwm with at most 256 colors as your display can support 2^24
colours! You should start fvwm as

        fvwm --visual TrueColor

or

        fvwm-themes-start -- --visual TrueColor

With 2.5.6, the situation is auto-detected and no option is needed.
Any way I strongly recommend the use of 2.5.6 (or a recent snapshot)
under your situation. I will be interested by the result of an upgrade
to 2.5.6 (as now I do not understand the "parse_colorset" error msg).

Regards, Olivier