I think xcompmgr plus transset  themselves  can not  changes windows'
opacity  depending  on focusfocus change, so I tried FvwmTransFocus
from tinyapps.sf.net.

But for me it doesn't work, here is my steps. ( I use gentoo linux)
(1) complie FvwmTransFocus

cc -march=prescott -O3 -pipe -msse3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-I/usr/include/X11 -L/usr/lib/X11 -o FvwmTransFocus FvwmTransFocus.c

(2) cp FvwmTransFocus /usr/lib/fvwm/2.5.21/

(3) In .fvwm/config  add the following line:

DestroyFunc StartFunction
AddToFunc StartFunction
        + I Module FvwmPager 0 0
        + I Module FvwmButtons