Dan Espen <des...@verizon.net> writes:

> lee <l...@yagibdah.de> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what could be the reason for fvwm showing its kill icon on startup and
>> when restarting?
>
> Do you mean kill cursor?

I guess so --- it's some icon which is probably supposed to look like a
skull with bones under it.  I vaguely remember having seen that
somewhere many years ago, and this icon reminds me of it.

>> It seems to do that since after I made some change to the configuration,
>> and I don't remember what that change was.  When it first happened, I
>> thought "ok, it's been restarted like so often and might be confused and
>> this will go away on a fresh start" --- but it didn't.
>>
>> The configuration is here: https://github.com/lee-/fvwm
>
> Somewhere in there you're issuing a Delete or Destroy not in a window
> context.

"not in a window context"?  I'm only destroying functions ... Oh, I
found it!  I used "Destroy" where I should have put "DestroyFunc".

Thanks!

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.