I have built a couple of Checkpoiunt 2000 firewalls on NT 4.0/SP6a for
a  customer. One is to operate at a remote site. There is a private
network to the site that will go away once things are working smoothly.

I had everything working sweetly in a test lab with a simulated internet
connection between the boxes (Linux box running as router, dns, smtp,
www servers etc.)

The remote fw was shipped and now I can't talk to it over the private
network. If I (or my colleague 600km away) run fwstop I can ping it and
it can ping the rest of the network. fwstart and it might as well be in
Siberia. The only change I made between when I tested and when I shipped
was to the external IP address as I had been given the wrong one.
Changed it in all relevant (NT and FW1) places I could think of. FWIW
the license is on the DMZ interface address which has not changed.

I want to manage it from my local network and the gui-clients file is
correct.

Deleting all the rules I had installed and putting in one that does
any,any,any,accept,log long does not show anything in the logs except
for ctl log messages - policy loads etc. Deleted all NAT rules and
changed NAT'd objects to non-NAT'd.

While this is very secure :) it is not useful. My colleague and I are
stumped.

Anyone have any ideas on where to look next - or is it an un-install and
reload time.

Ta,
Jim
--
Jim Shaw                        Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Optimation NZ Ltd,              DDI: +64-4-470-5831