En réponse à Dave Hoover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat wrote:
> >Yes, but they could mess up the Post-Mortem.
>
> Post-Mortems are a community resource.  If the community wants to
> litter them with garbage, that's the community's choice.

Anybody can post, not just the community.

> >I'd say PGAS needs a semi-elaborate way to confirm one identity, for
> >example with a login/password.
>
> I still have much to learn about web security, but it seems to me
> that if PGAS were to require passwords, it would need to use SSL.
> SSL is not an option in the near future.  For now, the integrity
> of the community will have to suffice.

We are not talking e-commerce security here. If your password get stolen
or sniffed or whatever, it's not a big problem.

But having password protected submissions would at least prevent errors
(woops, wrong click), and the usual mischief (which is bound to happen,
if these competitions continue to grow).

And imagine a misconfigured player script in the Games::Golf distribution!

--
 Philippe BRUHAT - BooK

 When you run from your problem, you make it that much harder for good
 fortune to catch you, as well.     (Moral from Groo The Wanderer #14 (Epic))