Bruce

Thanks for that. They are very expensive. £60 for a 32GB drive, when you
pick up an IDE drive for under £10 is a big difference.

Simon

--- http://www.simonroyal.co.uk - Mac news, reviews, guides, upgrades,
hacks and more... - http://www.nmug.org.uk - webmaster for Norwich Mac User
Group - The box said requires Windows XP or better, so I bought an Apple
Mac.

On Sep 4 2008, Bruce Johnson wrote:

On Sep 4, 2008, at 1:17 PM, Simon Royal wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was looking on eBay and stumbled across solid state laptop hard
> drives.
>
> How much difference would they make to a laptops speed?

They are faster, but the main difference they make is battery life.
(and the complete lack of moving parts)

> Can they be fitted
> to any laptop or are they only SATA? I couldn't find any IDE ones.

There are a couple IDE ones on this page...listed as 'Almost Gone'
though, but clearly Transcend does make 'em.

<http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=414>