This is what I am using:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-1-2-GB-ATA-flash-PCMCIA-PC-card_W0QQitemZ230286931122QQihZ013QQcategoryZ42191QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I am NOT endorsing the auction site or seller, just trying to show an
example of the card I am using in the PowerBook 5300cs. Just like any
ATA hard drive it doesn't need to say "Mac compatible"; once Apple
Disk Utility/ Drive Setup finishes formatting it you will be able to
use it like any other ATA hard drive. I can't say for sure the card
will work the same way in other model powerbooks, but if it turns out
not to be bootable you can still use it as a data card. So if you can
get a card at a good price go ahead and give it a try!