On Sep 13, 2008, at 9:33 AM, Mel wrote:

> [...]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was at a fake site. If he logged on from there, he has given them
his paypal account information. Whenever in doubt, close your current
browser tab or window (to be extra safe or paranoid, quit and
relaunch your browser), create a new window or tab and manually type
in the address you were going to.

> Mel
>
> PS: I gave up on PayPal over five years ago for similar reasons
> that have displeased you.

That is up to you, but it is not paypals fault. They are just an easy
target for the scammers who know that it is always September on the
net and are looking for the easily fooled newbies and careless
experienced users. Have you also given up prescription drugs because
of all the fake sites and spam?

Len