On Oct 12, 12:51 pm, Doug Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2008, at 3:46 PM, RediG3-5 wrote:
>

> > On Oct 12, 12:12 pm, "James E. Therrault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:

> > We just purchased a "NOC"  (I guess that's an "N")  2219S-1  from
> > Circuit City.
> > It measure 12" h x 19" w  and diagonal 23". My wife likes it as it's a
> > big improvement over here iBook screen.
>
> > But those proportions seem like they are made for HD TV. The images
> > are elongated and I can't figure how to set it for correction.
>
> > My 17" Dell (10.5 x 13) is more normal and I like it a lot.
>
> > Anyway, comments on this proportion matter might be enlightening and
> > it's something to consider.
>
> > Cliff
>
> Not nitpicking Cliff, but I think that might be AOC.  I could be
> wrong though.

No nitpicking taken, Doug. Yes, I think you're right: a very artistic
"A".
I just played around with the control and found how to modify the
horizontal width etc.
But cannot get images down to a normal view.
So I mention this because it may be "asking" for a video card other
than the iBook offers
and this could be a factor (or certainly will be in my future
purchases) in deciding on a monitor.

hth
Cliff