On Oct 12, 12:05 pm, "Alex Smith (K4RNT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> The two 22" LCDs I've worked with the most are the two that I'd recommend:
>
> Samsung SyncMaster 226bw
> ViewSonic VX2245wm
>
> My favorite LCD vendors are Samsung and ViewSonic. I highly recommend both
> of them.

Thanks for the recommendation Alex. Costco has this Samsung <http://
tinyurl.com/4p5o47> for $229 and this one <http://tinyurl.com/4b9wve>
for $259. They appear nearly identical. Which one is most like the one
you've had good experience with? Then there's this even bigger 25.5"
Samsung <http://tinyurl.com/4seaol> for $479, 2 inches larger than the
others (for about $100 per additional inch!). Any knowledge of that
one?

Good grief, look at all the big monitors available at just this one
store, Costco: <http://tinyurl.com/4dccn5>, and that's just one page
of several! Surely there's something among all these that is
comparable in visual quality to an Apple Cinema Display?

Anyway, thanks again for the advice. I'll look first at the Samsungs,
then. The advantage with a place like Costco is, if you buy one and
then decide it isn't up to snuff, you can take it back.

Tom