On Oct 23, 2008, at 2:13 PM, insightinmind wrote:

> CCC did not seem to successfully bless the OS X copy, although the
> CCC Log says differently ... it did not show up under Startup Disk
> Items when connected via USB2, but it did show up when connected by
> FW400.

Then your Mac won't start up from USB...it has nothing to do with the
drive.

> When you look at the partition, no folders had the usual icons
> for OS X, Applications, etc. Just plain folders. Would not startup
> under OS 9.1 from the FW drive either.

I've had this happen occasionally with CCC for some reason, but that
was in much older versions.
  You can use thr command-line 'bless' command to bless a system
folder so it's will boot.

Do man bless in terminal, at the end is a command to bless a system
folder for booting into OS X.

You'll need to modify the command a bit to reflect the path to the
System Folder on the FW drive. Also if you're not using an intel mac,
you don't need the efi bit.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona