At 9:51 AM -0500 12/8/2008, Len Gerstel wrote:
>On Dec 8, 2008, at 9:12 AM, Anne Keller-Smith wrote:
>>Do we worry about viruses on Macs? I know the problem is
>>practically non-existent, but still.  What do you all do?

I worry about it more now than I did a year ago.  Back then, I had
faith in OS X's design and that Apple was keeping up on sending us
bug fixes.  This past year has shown us that Apple is way behind the
curve and making no attempt to do better.  It's taking them *months*
to push out even simple security fixes.  Not good.

That worry aside... it's always a good idea to practice safe surfing
(see Len/Bruce's reply).  And when you have the time, check out
ClamXav.

Of course... When you read all the yammering in the popular press,,,
use your best baloney filters.  So much of it is unnecessarily
alarmist, for the sole purpose of selling useless AV products...

>Bruce said almost exactly one year ago:

yea.  What Bruce said. :)

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth