On 12/8/08 12:47 AM, insightinmind of [EMAIL PROTECTED] sent

> Has anyone had "add on" drivers, such as one for a PCI Audio card,
> that ran okay under 10.5.4, but started causing problems after
> upgrading to 10.5.5?
>
> Maybe a USB MIDI driver?
>
> Mainly on PowerPC G4s ... but if a driver works on a PPC but not on
> your Intel ... please submit your data, too.
>
> Any other add-on or enhancement apps that you may suspect is acting up?
>
> Recent Nuke & Pave to 10.5.5, then re-installing the add-on drivers
> for my M-Audio 2496, was a long process to successfully upgrade from
> 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 on my QS Dual 1GHz.
>
> Now I see Yamaha's USB MIDI driver stops at 10.2.8-10.5.4, and I'm
> hesitating installing it under 10.5.5. I have contacted Yamaha for
> their input.
>
> Just curious about other's experiences ... b4 I continue ...
>
> Bill Connelly
> artsite: http://mysite.verizon.net/moonstoneartstudio
> myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moonstoneartstudio

Hi Bill,
For what it is worth, I too have an Audiophile 2496 in my G5, running 10.5.5
- I was at 10.5.4 on school machines, and moved this particular unit to
10.5.5 after reading  (or "not reading") that there was very little fuss
from DigiDesign re: moving up from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5.
The driver I am using for it is the DeltaMIDIDriver.plugin v. 2.0.8 (author
is Avid). So far I have had no problems and all success running:
*ProTools M-Powered 7.4.2
*Dig. Performer 5.1.3
*MachFive 2.0.2
*Finale 2009
*Garageband 4
*Waves Platinum (6.02, iirc)
I do remember that the Delta driver version for Tiger was 2.0.7, so perhaps
the .08 increment makes an awful lot of difference.
Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Dana