On Dec 13, 2008, at 9:26 AM, Chris N wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Any input on this would be much appreciated.  I've got a bunch of
> Macs at home, ranging from a G4 400 (wireless) through a G4 dual
> 1.25 (wired), G5 iMac (wired), Intel iMac (wireless) and a couple
> of powerbooks/macbooks.  I have a Comcast cable modem network at
> home driven by a MaxPower (OWC) draft 802.11n wireless network.
> For the older macs and powerbooks I have either PCI cards or PCMCIA
> adapters running the manufacturers software and everything works
> well (except iTunes video streaming of content that was not
> directly downloaded fom the iTunes store - this broke quite a few
> versions ago and was my reasoning for upgrading the network in the
> first place).  The problem comes when I try to use inbuilt Airport
> software to access the network.  The WEP passwords are correct, IP
> addresses are assigned to the machines and the DNS addresses for
> Comcast are all added.  Sometimes on some machines I can get access
> to the internet and sometimes I can't.  And sometimes when I have
> access I randomly lose it.  This isn't machine specific, it is
> specific to the mode being used to log on, and I'm not having any
> issue getting an IP address assigned, so I am out of guesses.  Any
> input would be much appreciated - machines are either running
> 10.4.11 or 10.5.5 with the latest versions of airport installed.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris
>
> Chris,
Don't know if this will help, I had my wireless phone within three
feet of my base station and whenever I answered it it would interrupt
the transmission. Had to re-establish each time.

John Callahan
jcalla...@stny.rr.com
If there are no dogs in Heaven, when I die I want to go where they
went.ยจ
--Will Rogers
extreme positive = (ybya2)