At 10:25 PM -0500 1/2/09, Charles Davis posted:
>  Hi Charles;
>  I had the problem.
>  Asked the list for help
>  solution offered
>  worked
>
>  And now I can't locate my copies of the exchanges on the G3-5 list.
>
>  Maybe in the archives.
>
>  Chuck D.
>
>  On Jan 2, 2009, at 9:34 PM, Charles Lenington wrote:
>

>>  Forgot the network info.
>>
>>  I get the following in a box when I attempt to enter network
>>
>>  Your network settings have been changed by another application.
>>
>>  Clicking OK just causes the box to refresh. There was a brief
>>  mention on
>>  another list but it went away by itself. Any clues?
>>
>>  To close s/p window I have to force quit.
>>
>>  So far it's on 2 computers.
>>
>>  mini 1.42
>>  MDD dual 867
>>
>>  both w/ latest updates for OS 10.4.11
>>
>>  Will check other boxes while waiting reply.
>>
>>  Thanks
>>  Charles
>>

>>  Windstream dsl
>>
>>  Speedstream 4200 modem
>>
>>  linksys befsr41 vs 3 router
>>
>>  all airports disabled/turned off

I had this problem when I switched routers even though the backup
router had the exact same settings via the web interface. Vaguely I
recall being able to 'fix' the constant windows by choosing Automatic
in the Network Settings, probably after disconnecting the router and
the computer/s from the network. Once I had the settings in Network
preferences, I plugged in the CAT-5 cable to the computer and things
work.

Now the router assigns IP based on MAC addresses whereas before, it
was the computer pulling a self-assigned IP address.

It's been a while and I can't find the email either for the specifics.

Steve R